Praying The Oscars

True confessions. My annual Oscar habit is to snuggle under a blanket, munch on chocolate-covered raisins, and revel in lambasting the glittery gowns, gorgeous people, and bad movies up for awards. This year, judgment and criticism seems an especially tempting indulgence, but I'm inviting you to join me in something new. I'm going to try and pray through the night for some of the directors, producers, and actors nominated for awards, and keep a Philippians 4:8 list of "whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy." Tune in tomorrow evening for my attempt at a journey of discernment through the Oscars. (I'd offer to share my treats, but sadly, it's impossible to bond virtually over chocolate.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Mitali I do not see the point of you watching the Oscars and at the same time praying for those bunch of hypocrites.

I suppose you watch it because you enjoy their fruits but at the same time wish they did not produce such trash. Ooops that sounds like a hypocrite as well!.

I will be praying for you.