Bon Voyage, Rickshaw Girl

Some of my ambassador families blog visitors may not realize that along with being a mother of teens and a pastor's wife, my other full-time vocation is writing fiction for teens and tweens. Now you know why I have such dark circles under my eyes, right?

I'm happy to announce the release of my third novel for young readers, Rickshaw Girl (Charlesbridge). Unlike the first two books, which were for teens, this one's for kids ages 7-11. So ... if you're near Boston, Massachusetts or in the San Francisco Bay Area, you're cordially invited to one of my book launch events:
Saturday, February 3rd at 3 p.m. at Wellesley Booksmith, 82 Central Street, Wellesley, Ma (781) 431-1160.

Saturday, February 10th at 10:00 a.m. at Towne Center Books, 555 Main St., Pleasanton, Ca (925) 846-8826.

Sunday, February 11th at 4 p.m. at Cody's Books, 1730 4th St., Berkeley, Ca (510) 559-9500.
I’ll be reading from and signing copies of Rickshaw Girl at all three events. As a California-added bonus, my mother, Madhusree Bose, will be joining me for alpana drawing demonstrations. And in Wellesley, Charlesbridge is serving up chai and samosas, and you might get to draw your own alpanas with sidewalk chalk. If you can't make it (okay, I get that it's a four-day drive from Mississippi), you're welcome to download a classroom discussion guide, an excerpt, and a Q&A about why I wrote Rickshaw Girl, as well as read a bunch of reviews. Thanks for your support and prayers!

1 comment:

Rangoli said...

A very nice feeling come to me while reading it. very nice writing.